The Rabbi Marshall R. Lifson Library, endowed by the family of Rabbi Marshall R. Lifson, houses a collection of more than 12,000 books, DVD’s and CD’s of Jewish interest for congregants of all ages. All Temple Emanuel members are welcome to check out materials from the library.
- Adults will find a wide of selection of fiction, cookbooks, history, travel, biographies, and books for life cycle events.
- Discover the perfect children’s book, CD or DVD among our a very large collection for younger and older children. These include picture books, books on the holidays, fiction, biography, as well as parenting and family life materials.
- Use our extensive selection of biblical texts and commentaries for study or d’var Torah preparation, especially for upcoming b’nei mitzvah.
- Our expanded DVD collection includes the latest Israeli films, plus many classic fiction and documentary film about the range of Jewish experience.
- The library subscribes to current newspapers and periodicals such as the Jewish Advocate, Jewish Daily Forward, Jerusalem Post, Commentary, Tikkun and Moment Magazine.
Between Labor Day and Memorial Day, our hours are:
Sunday 9 am – 12:30 pm
Tuesday 10 am – 6 pm
Wednesday 10 am – 5 pm
Thursday 10 am – 6 pm
Between Memorial Day and Labor Day, our hours are by appointment only.
To make an appointment to use the library when we are closed, please call 617-558-8126 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you shortly.
|Molly Goodman||Library Chair||617-558-8126||
Financial donations to the Rabbi Marshall R. Lifson Library in any amount are always welcome. Please consider a gift in memory of family or friends, to pay tribute to someone special, or to mark a special occasion. Among the specials collections within the library to which you can donate are:
- Rabbi Marshall R. Lifson Fund: books for the general collection
- Lois Alexander Children’s Book Collection: picture books for younger children
- Jordan Bennett Weiss Youth Collection: chapter books for older children
- Zelda and Phillip Smith Jewish Lifecycle Fund: books on weddings, bar mitzvahs and so forth.
- Helene Tuchman Cookbook Collection
- Felicia Zatz Yiddish Collection: books and audio materials about Yiddish or in Yiddish
- The Hadassah Blocker Women’s Studies Collection
If you are interested in endowing a special collection, please visit our Gift Funds page for more information.