For our June TEkun initiative, we will be working with our friends at the Brighton Allston Congregational Church, who have been fighting hunger locally for over 30 years through their Food Pantry and weekly Community Suppers. You are invited to join us for any or all of the three service days.
- Tuesday June 4, 3:30 pm-5:00 pm: We will be unpacking a truck from the Boston Food Pantry and stocking the Church’s own pantry. This action (unlike the other two) requires heavy lifting and stamina. We recommend that you wear sneakers and comfortable clothes.
- Thursday June 20, 6:00 pm-8:00 pm: We will be packing baskets of groceries to prepare for the Food Pantry’s semimonthly distribution the following Saturday.
- Wednesday June 26, 5:45 pm-7:00 pm: We will be helping serve guests at the Church’s weekly Community Supper. These meals are free and open to everyone in the community.
We are excited to join hands and hearts with our friends at BACC, and hope you can join us!
About Brighton Allston Congregational Church
What We Do: “Justice is what love looks like in public!” – Cornell West
- Wednesday Community Supper – For the last 40 years, we have served a Community Supper every Wednesday at 6:00 p.m. that is free and open to all. Thanks to our partners at Lovin’ Spoonfuls, we are also able to share bags of fruit, vegetables, breads, and desserts with dinner guests.
- Allston Brighton Food Pantry – Founded over 30 years ago by late, beloved congregation member Evelyn Ware, the Allston Brighton Food Pantry provides food baskets for eligible Allston Brighton residents. Distribution occurs here at the church at 404 Washington Street, Brighton Center, on the second and fourth Saturdays of the month between 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- Thrift Shop – Our Thrift Shop is open on Wednesdays 11:00 a.m.-2 p.m. and Saturdays 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Come here to find some great stuff, including children’s clothes, books, kitchen items, and more. There’s a “free store” downstairs in the church’s dining hall with out-of-season clothing and excess books and toys.