Israel Action Committee
The Israel Action Committee works to strengthen Temple Emanuel’s connection to and love for Israel and to support Israel through the following activities:
- Advocate for Israel within the community and the U.S. regarding current issues.
- Sponsor events that teach advocacy skills and inform the community about current issues relating to Israel and the Jewish community.
- Notify the community about current issues requiring individual or group action through letter writing, email or phone campaigns.
- Notify the Temple community of advocacy events around the community.
- Educate about Israel through programs, speakers, movies, articles.
- Educate about community, U.S., Middle East, and world affairs that may affect Israel and the Jewish people.
- Inform the community about events outside the Temple that educate about Israel.
- Strengthen Temple Emanuel’s connections to Israel through initiatives such as the Hatikvah mission with IDF soldiers and the Boston-Haifa connection.
- Develop stronger ties with other synagogues, Jewish organizations and the Boston Israeli community through Israel-related events.
- Foster an environment of mutual respect.
Our friends and partners at Combined Jewish Philanthropies have provided us with information to help us learn how to take action to support Israel, important facts to help make an effective case for Israel, updates on innovations from Israel as well as links to thought-provoking background reading.
All this and more is available at CJP Israel Advocacy’s website
In addition, you might be interested in content available at:
Jeffrey Robbins – “The Assault on Israel: No Time For Silence”
Shabbat July 26, 2014
Jeffrey Robbins, Chair of the New England Board of the Anti-Defamation League, was our scholar in residence in the Rabbi Samuel Chiel Sanctuary service on July 26, 2014. For those that could not attend, here are his remarks.
Congressman Joe Kennedy
Yom Kippur 5774 / September 14, 2013
On Yom Kippur, during the break between services and Neilah, we had the honor of hearing Congressman Joe Kennedy share his thoughts on his recent trip to Israel. Here are Joe Kennedy Remark’s along with an Introduction by our member Alan Leifer.