Welcome to the Temple Emanuel High Holidays Information page. Here you will find up to date resources to make your High Holidays as meaningful as possible without having to worry about the logistics.
- High Holiday Service Times
- Babysitting Form
- Music and lyrics to our High Holidays Liturgy and the songs of the Contemporary Service for the Second Day of Rosh Hashanah
Parking: We kindly ask that you keep in mind that Temple Emanuel is part of a neighborhood and community. When parking, driving, and dropping off, please be mindful of our neighbors, street signs and regulations. Thank you in advance for your consideration.
Israel Bonds: Together with Israel Bonds we are trying something new this year. Our appeal will be conducted with no tab-cards, no envelopes and no collection boxes – in short an all-digital event. If you are so moved, consider learning more about Israel Bonds. A licensed registered representative from Development Corporation for Israel can assist you with all your questions and your investment, Donna.Karsh. Indicate your interest in investing here.
Yizkor: Yizkor is a memorial prayer recited four times a year: on Yom Kippur, Shemini Atzeret and the last days of Passover and Shavuot. At these times, it is customary to commemorate the life and passing of loved ones with tzedakah. Please consider contributing to the Temple Emanuel General Fund or one of our Synagogue Gift Funds.
- Every room is fully accessible and ramps have been installed to ensure access to the bimas in both the Rabbi Chiel Sanctuary and the Adelson Community Hall.
- There are wheelchairs, large print prayer books, and hearing devices available for anyone who needs them. Please speak to an usher if you should have questions or need assistance.
- The Bridal Suite, next to room 26, will be available for nursing mothers.
- We respectfully ask you to refrain from using your cell phones in the building on the holidays.
Safety and Security is our #1 Priority!
Please familiarize yourself with the following top five safety guidelines:
- See something. Say something. (All ushers and staff will be wearing name badges.)
- In a medical emergency – EMT is on site in Room 23
- Please review our safety and security bookmark
- In the event of an emergency, please meet your children at the bottom of Ashford Rd. Please do not attempt to find them, but rather leave the building as quickly as possible. Babysitters and youth service leaders will escort all children out of the building safely.
- Trained staff, security and police officers will guide you in an emergency. Newton Police will be stationed on both the Ward Street and Ashford Road entrances. There will be private security stationed throughout the building.
We look forward to seeing you on the holidays! Shana Tova!
Shanah tovah u’metuka